Wow. It takes alot of time to have cancer! Yesterday, I talked to a nutritionist and we planned a very middle path, common sense, wholesome approach for nurturing myself during chemo. Basically, it's high protein, good fats, veggies...all the good stuff everyone already does. I need to snack on protein, so I bought edemame and I got little yogurts, raw almonds..... other stuff Oh yes she said I have lots of vitamin L in my life! that's Love! Thank you for your love!
I also got a letter from the Cancer Center telling me that they can give me 30 accupunture sessions practically for free. Thank you to the anonymous person that gave them a grant for these supporting services.
Today, the hair cut. Like it? Also a doctors appt. My blood is fine. I'm doing fine. I learned something.......I don't have to be in pain in order to treat myself gently.......
At last, I'm home and laying around with my mom's german shepard puppy, Zena. I'm laying around in between keeping her from cleaning out my cat box and chewing on my toes. I finally got my E-mail out to everyone on Monday and I have received 85 E-mails and 30 phone messages so far. Not to mention, the cards that come! Everything is filled with love and prayers for me. I am the luckiest person in the world to have so many people loving me. I pray that I am worthy. To be honest, I cried last night. I cried, letting your love in. I cried letting myself feel everything that is there.
Today, I can feel the cancer shrinking away, making way for my life. Thank you to everyone. I Love You.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If you would like to leave a comment for Lori, click the "comment" link under each individual blog. Then, write your message and type in the funny letters that are there. Then choose Anonymous. That way, you don't have to give out your e-mail address, but be sure to sign your comment so that I know who you are. thanks
10 comments:
Wow, you look absolutely super with the new do!
You'll be beautiful with or without hair but that's an adorable cut. I am here, praying for you and visualizing your healing. You are in the light.
Oh my goodness!! You look so great. I love the hair cut and can't wait to see what you weave your goldie locks into. I haven't seen you with short hair since you were rockin' the '80s :)
Your new hair cut is adorable. You were beautiful with long hair and you are beautiful with short hair.
I actually think I like the short cut best. Lets keep the cancer flowing out of your body!!
Thank you so much for keeping Zena company while I was gone. She loves you too.
Lots of Love, Mom
You've got a very positive attitude about tackling the cancer - keep it up!
Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip/
Oh yeah, I love your new do. It's cute and sassy, just like you!
Sending healing thoughts your way everyday.
Love,
Cheryl
Hi, Lori,
I left a message last night but screwed it up. I am not real good at reading directions, I need pictures. I love the new do, and the positive attitude will help carry you through this journey. Just in case, I've also said a few words to the powers that be. Hugs from a long ago client, drinking buddy, friend. Nancy Simonian
i LOVE your new do!! you look beautiful! so i asked my mom what she ate when she was doing chemo. she said that she had this idea that if she lost weight that meant she was dying. so she said she ate milkshakes and banana splits every time she had chemo. she said it was the worst diet ever but she gained 20 lbs. and was happy. she had stage 4 breast cancer then...it's been 18 years since that happened...so, can i make you some milkshakes to go with that healthy diet you'll be on?
Once again you are a model for others. Not one you might have chosen but one that has been chosen for you.
Seeing that missives give you strenght i will no longer control my urges to let you know there are very few hours that go by where Peter and I dont have a thought and a wish for you
You look radiant. we love you
Hi Sweet Lori, I've been thinking about you and sending my love and good thoughts your way. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. But you've got a wonderful community of friends and family to help you along the way. Don't ever question your worthiness of love. You are one of the most lovable people I can think of! I know you probably have a lot of people calling and coming by, but I'd love to see you and I never got that story that you wrote that I liked so much. The one that had me laughing and crying in turns. Oh, and I'm so glad you have Dr. Sitarik! I love him. Donna loved him too. He's so great, and down to earth, really a nice man. and his nurse, Lolly, she's so sweet. You are in good hands. if you need anything from me, I'm all yours. love you Lori! xoxo ~Sunshine
Post a Comment