Friday, August 15, 2008
Snooze, snooze, snooze. Flush,flush flush!
The first round of chemo is over now. Sleep seems to be the best, if not down right unavoidable response to chemo. Sleep and water. I've had two 17 hour sleeps and I'm beginning to feel energy coming back. What a ride! I've learned from this round that I need to make the three shorter days later in the day, because I tend to come home and fall asleep. My mornings are so precious. Making the appointments later will give me the time to meditate and write and just enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If you would like to leave a comment for Lori, click the "comment" link under each individual blog. Then, write your message and type in the funny letters that are there. Then choose Anonymous. That way, you don't have to give out your e-mail address, but be sure to sign your comment so that I know who you are. thanks
7 comments:
hi Lori,
Just wanted you to know that I continue to think about you a lot and am sending massive quantities of love and energy for you to feel really good.
I'm glad you enjoyed the chicken soup; it was infused with love. I'll cook you something else at some point. Perhaps you can share with us or with me what some cravings you have are. I see you say no peppers and only well-cooked onions, but is there something particular that you would love? It made it so easy when you said "chicken soup" and then I just put energy toward that!
Rest up... that desire to sleep is your body's intelligence. You have permission to rest and in this day and age I think it is hard for us to nurture ourselves and rest. Sweet dreams, sweet Lori!
love,
jan kleinbord (or mamolen as you may know me)
Just a quick note, especially as you're sleeping a lot, just wanted you to know you're always in our thoughts. Be back next week and I'll be by so you can gander at the summer locks ;-)
Love & hugs,
Alan & Evie
Hey Lori, this is Devon, Been thinking about you since I found out about your delimma. I know that you can lick this with your strenght and a lot of help from God and prayers form family (me) and friends (me). I have let the family know and we are all praying for you and the rest of the family. Dad and the sisters would like to come up and visit, maybe have a picnic on a weekend and just enjoy the family, but we need you to let us know when would be a good time and when you are feeling up to it. Just let me know when you feel like a little company and I'll arrange it. Well rest and get better. Love, Devon
Your positive attitude should be an inspiration to many others in a similar position, Lori.
Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip/
Lori,
The band is having practice and we are all thinking of you. In fact, we are about to play something in your honor... what you would you like to hear?
David, Dee, Steve, John and Vic
I thought of you Lori, during that voluptuous sunset the other night, viewed from sunshine and the saddle.
Glad you are getting some sleep!
love from dee
Love you a bushell and a peck
Hello sweet Lori,
I want to sign up to bring you to your appt. on Sept. 4th. Please let me know when I need to pick you up to make it in time. I'll hang out & take you back up when you're done. That way I can spend some time with you cause I'm selfish - I want you all to myself. I hope you are soaking up all this healing love - there's lots of it coming your way!
Love,
J9
Post a Comment