Monday, August 24, 2009

I got to see my big beautiful stepson on Saturday. He's 19! I cut his hair and we went to dinner at The Med. He left today, heading to Baltimore to start college at Goucher College. He told me he felt like he has four mothers. I couldn't help but make a joke. One mother is enough! One mother is usually enough to mess a person up for at least a life time. I wonder what Woody
Allen would say? Now seriously, Austin said he thought he'd gotten the best that each mother had to give. What a beautiful man he's becoming and how grateful I am for him in my life.
Tomorrow is chemo. I am also going to have a scan to plan radiation on my sacrum. There is cancer on it and it is starting to hurt constantly. The radiation really helped my leg, I don't even have a limp any more!
I ran in to an old friend/client at RMCC last week. She's stage four also. Stage four is a very different journey than other versions of cancer. I am so looking forward to getting together and supporting her and being supported for our very hard choices. On the topic of choices: Neither one of us were given a choice about being stage four. Neither one of us are choosing to die. Running out of ammunition is completely different from giving up..... Love, Lori

8 comments:

Alan said...

Hey, next time you think you're going to the Med, let us know as Cassidy works there and she would love to fawn over you and your family.
Big Love, Alan & Evie

Anonymous said...

Lori,
Thanks for all of the good writing and for getting the dishes back! You ate the last fish that Pavel caught at RFL...they must have decided that "One for Lori!" was all they would give up. Call me for that housecleaning...I could use the practice! HA! Massage before or after too. Hugs. Beth

Unknown said...

Hi Ms. Lori,

You should have been a write all along... you would have been famous by now... I miss you, will call for a date,
Nancy

Unknown said...

I mean writeR...xoxo

Stephanie said...

Hi Lori,

I respect your courage, your sensitivity, your soul-searching, your sense of humor and your passion. I feel honored to know you.

I look forward to seeing you next week.

Fondly,

Stephanie

Stephanie said...

Hi Lori,

I respect your courage, your sensitivity, your soul-searching, your sense of humor and your passion. I feel honored to know you.

I look forward to seeing you next week.

Fondly,

Stephanie

Stephanie said...

Sorry for the duplicate. I've never done this before and I didn't understand how it works. Took me a while to get a goggle account so I could finish the process. Didn't realize it was necessary when I started. I'm slowly joining the 21st Century computer world. :)

Anonymous said...

Lori,
I just wanted you to know that I think of you daily even though we don't see each other. I am always
so amazed at your courage, tenascity, humor and love.
I love you,
Chris Peabody

If you would like to leave a comment for Lori, click the "comment" link under each individual blog. Then, write your message and type in the funny letters that are there. Then choose Anonymous. That way, you don't have to give out your e-mail address, but be sure to sign your comment so that I know who you are. thanks