Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I'd Rather Pay Paul's Taxes Than Have Cancer

Hey there, hi there. I've been procrastinating in posting. All this time, I have been so honest with what my experience is and I want to continue to be....have I ever told you what a lousy liar I am? The truth is that the "stable "scan of March 2 came with a very grim prognosis and I have had to digest that and give myself time to bounce. The skewed and narrow statistics say that the cancer will never go away and that I will be in chemo for the rest of my life. If the drugs keep working, that can be four years.

Having said that, the words of Kathryn Kullman come to mind....I believe in miracles and have had some amazingly miraculous dreams and meditations. I feel great, though I tend to rise and set with the sun. Everyday, I am aware of how precious and joyful it is to be alive. That is a gift. The new chemo is easier to handle, but I haven't warmed up to the over all schedule yet. Some how, on my work weeks, I no longer have two days off in a row. I'm working on changing it around a little.

I'm going to Boston on Sunday to see my brother and his wife and go to the Dana Farber cancer institute for a second opinion. They might have some cutting edge angle. My doctor is very supportive of it and looking forward to what ever information they have to give us.

5 comments:

Wanda Stratton said...

Hi Lori, Ruby told me about your upcoming trip to Boston and visit to another doc for an additional opinion. That's good. We will pray for you to receive better news and cutting edge treatment! Boston is a great city to visit too! Have a great trip!
Let me know when you are up for another hike in the woods, or a movie, or a cup-o-tea!
This morning it's awesome to be in this moist mountain cloud. All the pine needles have water droplets clinging to them - so great to finally get precipitation in the last couple of weeks!
Keep feeling good, hunny. See you soon.
Love, Wanda

Alan said...

"A person doesn't know how much she has to be thankful for until she has to pay taxes for it." - Anon. Let's hope you're "thankful" for decades.
Love,
A&E

Anonymous said...

Lori dear...
Just read your comments and feel like I've been hit in the stomach.
I don't check that often here but just felt a 'vibe' to do so today after checking my email.
Glad your getting a cutting edge second opinion, I would do likewise. I also honor your quiet on this blog when you decide not to post for awhile. I respect it and the time it takes for us each to process stuff in our hearts, head and bodies.
You know I'm keeping you close in my thoughts and prayers. Know how much your loved and embraced by each of us who have grown in our friendship with you...
Have a good trip.
Love,.
Mary Tag

Anonymous said...

Dear Sweet Lori,
Miracles DO happen, and I'm praying for you to be one!
I wish you a beautiful trip and am sending love and light.
So glad to hear you're feeling great...
Love you,
~Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,
It's all a big trip, ups and downs. It wwill be good for you to go to Boston, first of all to be with your brother and his wife, and especially to see the people at Dana Farber. I wish it will be a helpful trip in that respect.
Your wonderful outlook on life is such good medicine.
We are thinking of you a lot.
Have a very good trip and hopefully you'll come back with new possibilities.
Lots of love,
Madeline

If you would like to leave a comment for Lori, click the "comment" link under each individual blog. Then, write your message and type in the funny letters that are there. Then choose Anonymous. That way, you don't have to give out your e-mail address, but be sure to sign your comment so that I know who you are. thanks