Friday morning was one of those magical mornings, with the clouds pressing down over the city like a heavy blanket. I awoke to the bright sun and wind gusting through a spotless blue sky. As I drove down to my doctors appointment, I came to a place where I could see the heat of the sun and the wind tugging at the edges of the clouds and lifting them in lacy spirals up the canyons and off the tops of the mountains. Though I've seen this dance so many times before, it will never this beautiful, quite like this again. As I drove in to the cold shadows, I expected to be wrapped in dread , instead there was more beauty. The trees had hoar's frost on the east side of their trucks and branches and the sun brightened throught the thinning clouds. What is art without shadow?
I had become so attached to the synchronicity of the new salon being finished on the same day as the last day of my sixth round of chemo. I so wanted the cancer to be gone, but that isn't what the doctor had to say. Of the 20 to 25% that was left, about 30% more is gone. I still have cancer. The chemo is shrinking it, just not as fast as it was in the beginning. So, I get three more rounds of chemo and another scan sometime in January.
That's it for now.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If you would like to leave a comment for Lori, click the "comment" link under each individual blog. Then, write your message and type in the funny letters that are there. Then choose Anonymous. That way, you don't have to give out your e-mail address, but be sure to sign your comment so that I know who you are. thanks
7 comments:
You're still getting better. Like you said, not as fast as we all want, but better is better. Bravo for you! Keep up the good work and we'll keep up with the good thoughts and love.
I have been keeping you in my thoughts and in my heart since August, and I know that you will get better. The chemo is working and the cancer will be defeated. This is just a small setback in your incredible work to gain back your life -- and you will!
Much love,
Laura
Lori,
You did such an excellent job of describing the drive to work on Friday. It was beautiful. Our prayers are with you, as always.
love ya,
David and family
Lori,
My love and prayers are with you. Many times each week I go to a special spot in the mountains to pray for you and to hold the love and healing energies that I know are with you as you move though this process. Keep your faith. You are healing at the deepest levels!
Love, Lynn
I think about you all the time Lori, with lots of light and love. You are getting better and will get rid of it.
Greg
You're amazing. I love you and know you will kick this thing.
Sending mucho love from Spain,
Cynthia
p.s. if I play with the letters in the word verification, it says Wet rub.
Yes. Ponder that.
Lori, you are making progress in this fight. Hold those amazing visions of the mountains and find strength in them for the challenges ahead. Dave and I are among so many who are walking along beside you. Johanna
Post a Comment